Installed both driver and passenger swivels on a 2016 Sprinter with standard heighthseat bases. You already know about the issues with this product:
- holes may not exactly lining up requiring some filing or other modification;
- the brake relocator is a mess. Prepare for some custom mods and a trip to Home Depot for nuts/bolts to get it working.
- seats will be 1.5" higher than before which can be an issue if you are vertically challenged.
If you can't get past the above, don't buy them. If you can overlook these known issues, the swivels are heavy duty (~40lbs each), move smoothly, and work great!
A couple of things that have not been mentioned in the reviews that you need to be aware of:
1) When in the forward facing locked position, the swivel will move a few millimeters forward/aft. This is noticeable under acceleration/deceleration, or when you intentionally try to move the seat. Over time you will not notice it.
2) If you don't want to hack the plastic seat skirt for clearance, you need to fully raise the seat prior to swiveling. You will also need to fiddle with seat back and fore/aft position of the seat to avoid getting hung up on the A-pillar or seat lock pin as you swivel.
3) It will take some practice to perfect the swivel procedure and if you're not careful you will scrape the pillar and/or door which will leave a mark.
Despite these known flaws, I think you'll be happy. When the seats are rotated it really opens up the van and makes it much more comfortable and convenient for us. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
Reviewed by: JFlo from Boulder.
Go ahead, order both sides. You'll love them.
I ordered the passenger side first. I wanted to check the quality and ease of installation. I had to file one hole to get everything to line up on the passenger side.
Driver's side went on without a hitch. The emergency brake relocator was spot on also.
I trimmed the plastic cover on the emergency brake and was done.
Reviewed by: Marcus West from Gulf Coast, Al.
Swivel base installed easily, but hand brake adapter needs modification to install
The swivel base installed without a hitch, the bolt holes aligned and it functions properly.
When it came time to install the hand brake adapter that lowers the brake handle to clear the swivel, there was an issue. The lower bolt holes do not have enough space to thread in the bolts for the brake handle. My solution was to drill holes into the brake handle support to create space for the bolts to thread in. This is for a 2015 Sprinter.
Reviewed by: Duy from Aloha, OR.
Pretty much as expected - very heavy duty which may be required, but it seems the designer could have reduced the weight and lowered the height 1/2". Some minor filing required to align the holes.
That said, I think it is the best alternative on the market.
Reviewed by: Doug from Colorado.
These seat adapters have made our camper so much more functional. We are very happy with them.