2006 Sprinter Passenger Grab Handle
Ran out of space so will be posted in a couple of reviews.
Excellent quality, took me less than an hour to install and reassemble trim. Handle works well but will not support hanging from it, probably should not have more that 20 pounds of force suspended from it.
Tools--T20 torx, small (~1/4" tip) blade screw driver, two medium to medium large (~1/2" to 3/4") blade screw drivers.
1) Orient yourself to the handle and the mounting bracket. If you consider how the spring on the grab handle works you'll see that the moun ting bracket can only be oriented one way. Notice the tabs on the mounting bracket--they will need to clip the headliner for proper installation.
2) Screw the sheet metal screws into plae on the mounting bracket with a T20 torx then uncrew them. This will make the final install easier as you may have to use a small blade screw driver.
3) Open the passenger door and sliding door. Gently pull down the rubber door seal until it is about half way down on both sides of each door.
4) Push the B-pillar (between the passenger door and the sliding door) plastic trim away from the B-pillar. You'll notice a plastic tab holding it in place secured by a metal clip. You need to get the B-pillar trim away from the B-pillar so you can move the headliner out of the way.
5) Using a couple of large blade screw drivers gently move the headliner away from the door.
6) Slip the mounting bracket between the headliner and the door (properly oriented) from the B-pillar side of the door. I did not remove the A-pillar trim so the forward section of the headliner was fairly snug.
Reviewed by: david from tulsa, ok on 3/4/2013